Wednesday, October 3, 2007

October Referrals

Well rats, that's about all I can say. I have to admit that I am somewhat disappointed about the referral batch this month. We are soooooooo close but it just seems that every month the batches are smaller. As of right now we are really not even sure what the cut off date for October is. The referrals began arriving on October 2. The one thing we do know is that December 5, 2007 was not included in this batch. December 5th has a lot of families logged in and we thought that if the CCAA matched through that date then we would have a much better chance of being included in the November batch.

I'm the type of person who when something like this happens and I am discouraged I do not just dwell on it and remain upset. I was allowing myself a little bit "whine " time at work this morning and I suddenly looked at the bottom of my computer monitor where I have a hand written scripture that my friend Ronda gave me one day. I had written down the same one for her on a day when she was going through a tough time. Anyway there it was right in front of me just what I needed!

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Ronda added her own note at the end. Keep Praying...Prayer Changes Things !!

We have had faith from the beginning of this journey to our little girl that we will be matched with the exact one God has chosen for us at the time He has chosen. It's all planned. It's done. My thoughts about possibly missing another Christmas with her and feeling sad that the CCAA only matched X number of days this month are selfish. Yes it is sad to know that Christmas may come and go before we actually have her with us but I stand on my faith and believe that we will have her when the time is perfect for her and for us and prayer DOES still change things. The CCAA may not be planning to get as far as December 9th with the matches that will be sent in November but if that is the month that is "ordained" for us to get her then they will and that's that!

For now I am praying and believing for November!

Becky



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! I hope you wait is almost over and cant wait to hear when you LID is in!!!

God Bless!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers